get curious, be auroral

Thursday 3 September 2015

a different kind of jai



JAI PAUL (no ho's here)




I'm guessing that when you hear 'jai paul', pretty much instantly nicole scherzinger's breathy n sultry vocals on the slumdog millionaire track 'jai ho' starts grooving in your mind. nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong, but I've been listening to the man jai paul a lot recently- a lot a lot. The link to his sound cloud is just below, but my favourite is a track called 'str8 outta mumbai' which he hasn't officially released, but can be found on the internet (the link to that is also just below= no effort required= you're welcome) 

listen to jai paul's soundcloud

str8 outta mumbai


so why should you listen to him? what's the reason to withhold that insta whilst you indulge yourself in jai's seriously cool indian vs electronic vs urban vocals- well, you just should.
I think that me sitting here, writing on my laptop, describing the sound of an artist, is arguably a waste of time, as surely the reason we enjoy music is how it resonates with us, how it makes us feel as individuals... I'm no expert, but I think that's a large part of why music is such a personal thing. 

So what I'm trying to say (I'm getting there, dw) is that you really should listen to his music; it's fresh, current but without involving synthetic sirens, 'let the bass drop' and quite frankly, eurodisco crap. His stuff is just good quality upbeat music- and I highly, highly recommend.

Give it a listen, you know you want to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment