get curious, be auroral

Sunday 2 August 2015

FILM post 1

Ah the first film post, how exciting, and momentary- a mile stone for my petite blog. I feel a distinct amount of pressure, which is to be the first film, the one that has the supreme position of number one. There's only one film that sticks in my mind, one that really changed the way I viewed acting, and how far actors can take themselves into a character. 

LEON: THE PROFESSIONAL 

Natalie Portman is the punchiest, most mature and eloquently elegant young child I have ever seen in performance. Ever. And that will probably remain the case for a long, long time.
She was a tepid 12 years old when this was filmed, but she acted well beyond her years.

A 12 year old girl befriends an assassin. That is all I am going to say about this film, as I don't want to give anything away. You have to see this. 





No comments:

Post a Comment