get curious, be auroral

Monday 10 August 2015

FILM post 2

Audrey Hepburn, heppaz, audrey- I am 100% obsessed (as you've probably figured out) I went to HMV the other day, in the hope of picking up some bargains. I was successful in my endeavour and I bought for £11.99, Audrey Hepburn's four most acclaimed films- in a box set. I was winning today. 

I know it seems horribly cliched, I'm a girl, and I like Audrey Hepburn, groundbreaking. But I genuinely do actually find her mesmerising to watch- she works the camera like nothing and no one I've ever seen before, yet she is so waif and slight. I find her really interesting to watch on screen, especially having watched one of the films each night for the past four days. She is chameleon like in her characters, but stays 'audrey' throughout, you really can't take your eyes off of her when she acts. 

I think I would say 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' is my favourite out of the four- it is so cleverly put together, and the essence of the film changes from an observation into the mishaps of Holly Golightly, into a romantic and really quite heartwarming love story between 'Fred' (who's actual name in the film is Paul, but he reminds Holly of her brother) and Holly. It's a film about elegance, beauty, confusion, and finding not only meaning within all of it, but yourself. 

If you've never seen an Audrey Hepburn film, I implore you- watch one- it's fascinating and oh so transcendent. Spectacularly Audrey.  
'The best thing to hold onto in life is each other'

No comments:

Post a Comment